Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reading List

Hello everyone,

Here is a preliminary (suggested) reading list. This is a list that I
have recently compiled for a graduate course I taught this summer at
UW-Milwaukee. I thought it would be a good place to start for us as
well. Feel free to browse through these books as they have been
tremendously helpful to me in the last few years. I don't plan on
having a mandatory reading list as many of these books are expensive
and difficult to obtain. It may be nice to share amongst yourselves. I
know that many of them are available at Bobst. I also have some of
them, particularly Erkert's book (who was my pedagogy teacher). Let
me know if you are interested.

My best,
Gerald


Books:
Harnessing the Wind: The Art of Teaching Modern Dance by Jan Erkert
Sensing, Feeling, and Action: The Experiential Anatomy of Body-Mind
Centering by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
Making Connections: Total Body Integration Through Bartenieff
Fundamentals by Peggy Hackney
The Thinking Body by Mabel Todd
Taking Root to Fly: Articles on Functional Anatomy by Irene Dowd
Human Movement Potential: Its Ideokinetic Facilitation by Lulu E. Sweigard
Dance Kinesiology by Sally Sevey Fitt
Dynamic Alignment Through Imagery by Eric N. Franklin
Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain

Websites:
www.kleintechnique.com
www.bodymindcentering.com
www.limsonline.org
www.alexandertechnique.com
www.feldenkrais.com
www.skinnerreleasing.com
www.ideokinesis.com

No comments: